Invitation Enrollment Process
The Invitation enrollment process will assist Chapter Advisors with large enrollment groups by streamlining payment options and allowing students to enter their own profile information. This is an additional enrollment process. It will not replace the existing "Classic" enrollment process, which requires Chapter Advisors to enter the student’s profile information.
Chapter Advisors will
- Create an enrollment period with a start and end date.
- Choose who will receive an invitation to join during the enrollment period.
- Determine how enrollment fees are collected (Chapter Pay or Member Pay).
- Under Member Pay Chapter Advisors have the option to collect chapter fees in addition to the membership enrollment fee.
Invited members will
- Receive an email invitation from the Chapter Advisor.
- Provide and update their profile information.
- Pay their enrollment fees (if Member Pay was selected by Chapter Advisor).
Step 1: Create an Enrollment Period
- Login to NEHS Connect.
- Click Invite Enrollment tab.
- Click Manage Enrollment Periods tab.
- Click Add Enrollment Period button.
- Enter Enrollment Period Information.
- Enter Start Date
- Enter End Date
- Enter Induction Date
- Enter optional Chapter Enrollment fee.
- Click Create Enrollment Period tab.
Step 2: Add Invitations
Invitations require the student's first name, last name, and email address. When your student accepts the invitation, they will be prompted to complete the rest of their profile information. Certificates are mailed to Chapter Advisors within two business days after the enrollment period closes and payment has been received.
Note: Write Away will not accept an email address previously entered.
There are two options for entering student invites:
Option 1: Individual Entries
- Click the Manage Invitations tab.
- Click the Add Invitation button.
- Enter the student’s first name, last name and email address.
- Click the Create Invitation button.
- Click Add Another Invitation to invite more students for membership or click
- Return to Invitation List to view invitations that have been entered
Option 2: Bulk Entry
Follow on-screen instructions for Bulk Entry Invitation.
Step 3: Enrollment Payment and Activation
If Member Pay was selected, students will receive an email to accept the invitation for membership and create their profile.
- After completing their profile they will receive a second email with instructions to make the induction fee payment.
- Once payment is made, the student will receive notification that their membership has been activated.
- Membership certificates and pins will be mailed to the Chapter Advisor within two business days after the enrollment period closes.
- If an additional chapter fee is collected, the NEHS Central office will collect the fees for the chapter and send a the Lead Chapter Advisor the fees through payment check after the to enrollment period ends.
If Chapter Pay was selected, students will receive an email to accept the invitation for membership and create their profile.
- The Chapter Advisor must submit induction fees by university/chapter check or credit/debit card after the enrollment period closes.
- Once payment is received by the Central Office and entered, the student will receive notification that their membership has been activated.
- Membership certificates and pins will be mailed to the Chapter Advisor within two business days after the enrollment period closes and payment has been received.
Student Invite Status Column
Started - Student has clicked on the invitation link.
Registered - Student has completed the enrollment information, but payment has not been made.
Completed - Student (or their chapter) has paid, and their account is now active.
Chapter Enrollment Fee
A chapter may collect additional fees