Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't login to NEHS Connect. What should I do?
- Why can't student members and other school staff receive usernames?
- Is NEHS Connect case-sensitive?
- Can I sort my current chapter members from those who have graduated or are no longer active?
- Can a member be transferred to another chapter?
- What is the role of the Lead Advisor?
- What should I do if the member's name is misprinted on the certificate?
- May a Lead Advisor remove a student from the membership list?
1. I can't login to NEHS Connect. What should I do?
For administrative management and security reasons, each Chapter Advisor is issued their own unique username. The Chapter Advisor's account is associated with the email address we have recorded in the NEHS Connect database.
If you have trouble with your login, check the following:
- Check to make sure you typed the username and password exactly as written, reflecting upper and lower case letters. Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.
- Check your username. Type in your email address and click Retrieve Username. You will be asked to enter your email address again. Your username will be automatically emailed to you.
- Check your password. Type in your username and click Set/Reset Password. You will be asked to enter your username. A link to reset your password will be automatically emailed to you.
- If you do not receive an email, your email address may be incorrect in the NEHS Connect database. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to correct your email address.
2. Why can't student members and other school staff receive usernames?
For security reasons, only Chapter Advisors have or will be granted NEHS Connect usernames to access their chapter database. In circumstances when another individual is primarily responsible for the enrollment, contact email@example.com for advice on how to proceed.
3. Is NEHS Connect case-sensitive?
Yes. Please carefully input all information. Membership certificates are generated from NEHS Connect. As a result, names are printed as the information is shown in the input fields. If a name has been spelled wrong or characters are not typed in the correct case, resulting in incorrect printed certificates, there will be a $15.00 charge to correct and reprint a certificate.
4. Can I sort my current chapter members from those who have graduated or are no longer active in my chapter?
Yes. Enrolled members can be sorted by their status in the Manage Members list by selecting the title Status. All enrolled members may be one of the following:
Active - All members that are currently active in your chapter
Graduated - Members that have graduated.
To revise a member's status, choose Select next to the member's name, change the first field labeled Status, and save your changes.
5. Can a member be transferred to another active chapter?
Yes. Current members who have transferred to another high school may be transferred to their new high school's active NEHS chapter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the Central Office with this specific request. Include the member's full name at induction, their original chapter school, and the semester/year of induction.
6. What is the role of the Lead Advisor?
The Lead Advisor is the primary Chapter Advisor contact for NEHS membership enrollment. All NEHS mailings, including membership certificates and membership cards, will be sent to the Lead Advisor. For the initial launch of the database management system, a Lead Advisor has been identified for schools with more than one Chapter Advisor. If there is a need for a change, view how to change the designated Lead Advisor.
7. What should I do if the member's name is misprinted on the certificate?
The certificate misprint is a result of the member's name not being entered correctly into the NEHS Connect membership database. Chapter Advisors may order reprints of misprinted certificates for $15.00 each.
Login to NEHS Connect and select the Chapter Store tab. You will see an option to order a certificate and enter the correct name. Reprinted certificates will be mailed to the Lead Chapter Advisor.
8. May a Lead Advisor remove a student from the membership list?
Rarely, student members make decisions that may result in the need to remove that student from the honor society. "Loss of Membership" and Article XIII of the NEHS Constitution provide further details. If a student member must be removed, the Central Office must be notified in order to make the change within NEHS Connect.