NEHS encourages chapters to participate in the Chapter Spotlight opportunity, sharing outstanding literacy work being done at the chapter level. The NEHS Advisory Council will select the best of the submissions as "spotlight" chapters that will be recognized through NEHS social media outlets and the NEHS Museletter blog; selected chapters will receive a $50 award and a certificate.
- Applications can only come from a current NEHS chapter in good standing with NEHS.
- Applications can only be made by registered Chapter Advisors.
Academic FocusThis category will demonstrate how a chapter works to establish or maintain a project focused on supporting the academic growth of a target audience within their school or local community.
The purpose of this category is to demonstrate how NEHS chapters are focused on promoting life-long learning and the celebration of reading, writing, film, and the arts in their local community.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
This category will demonstrate how NEHS chapters are promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in various forms within their school or local community.
Collaborative ProjectsThe purpose of this category is to demonstrate how NEHS chapters are working with other NEHS chapters, other high school Honor Societies, or Sigma Tau Delta and Sigma Kappa Delta chapters on collaborative projects impacting their school or local community.
- All submissions must be made via the NEHS AwardSpring platform.
- Applicants must complete demographic data questions prior to submitting their documentation.
- All submissions must include a chapter biography and group photo.
- Applicants will be asked to upload a single PDF document containing the following information:
- narrative summary of the project in the form of a blog (maximum 400-500 words) that details the number of NEHS members involved, the goal of the project/activity, the timeline, and the outcomes;
- two to three testimonials/quotes from the project’s target audience revealing the impact and/or success of the project; and
- at least five photos of students undertaking the project. In addition a video may be submitted.
|Winter||Dec 11, 2023||Jan 8, 2024||Feb 29, 2024|
|Spring||Apr 15, 2024||Apr 29, 2024||May 23, 2024|