NEHS Museletter Blog Submissions
NEHS Museletter, the official blog of NEHS, serves as a platform for in-depth conversation and exploration of ideas related to Society life. Written by NEHS members, for members, NEHS Museletter spotlights noteworthy activities and accomplishments by chapters and individual members, provides advice and insights from Sigma Tau Delta leadership, and offers each region an opportunity to showcase the unique literary landscape of their corner of the world.
NEHS accepts submissions throughout the year from all membership categories (students, Sponsors, and alumni). If you are interested in submitting a blog, please read the Suggested Guidelines below to check if your topic is a good fit and to verify your article is correctly formatted. Email any questions and all submissions to: email@example.com.
ObjectivesPromote or highlight one of the objectives of the Society:
- Recognize high achievement in English language and literature;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation to promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence;
- Model the NEHS motto, “Gelast Sceal Mid Are” (“Duty Goes with Honor”); and/or
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
- Logical, clear, and accurate
- Written from a personal perspective (1st person narrative)
- Informative and/or persuasive in nature
- Utilize multimedia (pictures, videos, and web links)
- Well written, professional, and representative of the high standards of the Society
- Follow NEHS Writing and Editing Guidelines
- Eye-catching, grab the reader’s attention
- Meet a need (the reader feels like he/she needs to read it)
- Use “Keywords”
- No more than 800 words (300-600 is ideal)
- Head shots required from all authors
- Authors must provide contact information such as email, chapter website, chapter Facebook, personal or chapter blog, etc.
- Quality of writing
- Adherence to guidelines
- Use of multimedia
- Reader interaction (page views, Facebook likes, shares, link backs, etc.)
Blog Content Keywords
Chapter Life, Community Projects, Banned Books, Censorship, Donation Drives, Member Recruitment, Sigma Tau Delta, Fundraising